Wednesday 6 May 2009

Exercise for the lazy girl

I'm about to go to the gym and be killed by my trainer for the next 90 minutes. My choice but one I like to whinge and whine about. Friends often ask why I put myself through it and the answer is I love it (and as those who know me also know I love to whinge and whine about it). However, after speaking to many personal trainers I also know that all you actually need to do if you want to get fit is 20- 30 minutes a day. So:

LAZY TIP OF THE DAY IS: Interval train. Power walk for 1 minute, sprint for 30 seconds, power walk or a minute and sprint again for 30 seconds - repeat for 20 - 30 minutes. You should feel like you're about to keel over (you won't) but raising your heart rate this way burns calories, increases your cardiovascular strength then gives you a good excuse to lie down!

No comments:

Post a Comment